It may seem somewhat complex to design a cabinet interior in a useful way to get the most out of it. But from AllsonKitchens, specialists in custom cabinets, we will give you a list of rules that will help you optimally distribute your wardrobe:
- A wardrobe interior is for clothes that we are using in the current season. If we are in summer, why do we have sweaters and coats occupying space?
- The distribution of a closet is different for a person who lives alone than for a couple or even more if one has a family. In addition to this, it is necessary to see how many cupboards we have at home and see where they are located, being able to adapt each cupboard to a different distribution. It is not the same as a closet located at the entrance of a house that may be useful to keep coats and shoes that a closet in a room, where it is best to use clothes everyday. We must also take into account if we want to leave a closet or part of a closet to house a ladder, ironing board, vacuum cleaner or as a pantry.
- One of the tips that we like to give our customers, is that they stand in front of the closet where they currently keep their clothes and measure the sections they have bars, shelves, drawers … ..etc and see what they lack or what is left over. That is to say; If we have many clothes to hang short as shirts in a current gap of 60 cm wide and the garments are tight with each other and are wrinkling, ideally, is that in the new wardrobe we are going to design let’s put a bar for these shirts with more than 60 cm wide and so with the rest of departments.
- Not all people have the same height, and not all of us like to wear the same long or short garments, in addition to that it is not the same woman’s clothes as men’s, that being the same garment, for example a shirt, that of a woman can range between 65-85 cm long while that of a man ranges between 85-105 cm. So before designing a closet it is convenient to measure our garments long so that we know that bar length would be ideal.
- You have to think very well about the clothes we have and design the interior. There is no one better than yourself to know what type of clothes you use and therefore what type of distribution you need. If we have many suits we will have to install a lot of bar to hang long, if we have many shoes the ideal is to install a shoemaker with great capacity and so with all the clothes we have.
- You also have to know that all hangers are not the same. There are specific hangers to hang each garment which will help us maintain our garments more neatly and without wrinkles. To store folded pants we recommend hangers with a support and hollow to hold the pants. Skirts and dresses with suspenders use hangers with tweezers. Jackets, coats, jackets and suits the ideal thing is to hang it on large and sturdy hangers. Shirts and dresses with sleeves with a classic hanger of medium size and robustness will be perfect. For sleeveless garments, hangers with small notches are ideal so that the garment does not slip.